[Politech] Privacy tip: be wary of Google's "personal history" feature [priv]

From: Declan McCullagh (declan@private)
Date: Mon Apr 25 2005 - 19:58:14 PDT

[Imagine the type of personal information that a subpoena to Google
could unearth in a criminal prosecution: every search query you've ever
made on that computer with that browser. If you "log in" to other Google
services, your queries can be tracked across computers. Can this
information be obtained by opposing counsel in a divorce case? I don't
know, but I can imagine some instances where it could be seen as
relevant. I'd invite someone with more knowledge of family law to reply.
--Declan]