[Politech] More on businesses requiring fingerprints for gym, tanning salon memberships

From: Declan McCullagh (declan@private)
Date: Thu Apr 28 2005 - 09:31:02 PDT

The gym a block north of the 18th and U street intersection in Adams
Morgan also requires fingerprints. It's probably pretty common.

Previous Politech message:
http://www.politechbot.com/2005/04/28/arkansas-salon-requires/

Subject: Re: [Politech] Arkansas salon requires thumbprint to get a tan
  [priv]
Date: Thu, 28 Apr 2005 12:20:00 -0400
From: ed <bernies@private>
To: Declan McCullagh <declan@private>

declan,

i just called Premiere Tans to schedule a tanning appointment (apparently
they don't take appointments) and was quoted $7.00 for a 20min tan.

then i asked the woman if i have to get fingerprinted for this, and she
went ballistic--accusing me of calling her about this all night and day
(this was my one and only call.)

then she said she was calling the police to report me for harassment (which
would be difficult, since i block my Caller ID.)

anyway, apparently they've been getting *lots* of calls about this.

-bernieS