[Politech] Real ID Act also links Canada, Mexico databases: how innovative! [priv]

From: Declan McCullagh (declan@private)
Date: Wed May 04 2005 - 19:32:44 PDT

Previous Politech message:
http://www.politechbot.com/2005/05/04/national-id-card/

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: 	Re: [Politech] National ID card on the way? Congress about to
approve Real ID act [priv]
Date: 	Wed, 4 May 2005 13:53:11 -0400
From: 	James Plummer <jplummer76@private>
To: 	Declan McCullagh <declan@private>

Declan,

Even worse -- it's a tri-national ID card, as it requires state databses
to link thorugh something called the Drivers' License Agreement; which
states of Mexico and provinces of Canada are eligible to join, too.

There's more background in the op-ed I had in the Washington Examiner
last month --
http://www.dcexaminer.com/articles/2005/04/07/opinion/op-ed/25oped08plummer.txt

--
James Plummer