[Politech] Job opening: Technology-politics reporter in Washington, DC

From: Declan McCullagh (declan@private)
Date: Tue May 10 2005 - 13:32:58 PDT

News.com seeks a reporter in Washington, DC to write about technology
and politics.

This position will report to yours truly for day-to-day assignments.
Because I'm moving to San Francisco starting August 1, we'd like to fill
this position soon so I can work with the new reporter in person over
the next few months (and virtually thereafter).

This will be a full-time position with benefits, and the candidate must
live in Washington, DC or the nearby suburbs.

Last I checked, the job description has not been posted on the CNET
Networks corporate site but the qualifications are similar to those of a
News.com associate editor position:

http://careers.cnetnetworks.com/candidatebench/jobdetails.jsp?reqId=8873&type=ALL
"The ideal candidate will hold a college degree in English, journalism
or a related field, as well as 1-3 years of writing or editing
experience, preferably related to technology. Candidates should be
familiar with AP style and with the rudiments of HTML. Experience in
print or online publishing under tight deadlines is a plus. Candidates
must have excellent English grammar skills, be detail-oriented, produce
high-quality work and handle multiple tasks with speed and grace."

You can find general information about CNET hiring policies and company
benefits here:
http://www.cnetnetworks.com/careers/?tag=cnetfd.ft

If you're interested, please send a resume and writing samples to
declan.mccullagh/at/cnet.com with "DC JOB" in the Subject: line. Please
do NOT include Microsoft Word or HTML attachments; instead, include a
link to the documents or attach them as PDF files. Do not call. Only
send email.

Please do not circulate this email message after July 8, 2005.

Thanks,
Declan