[Politech] Patent lawsuit over "accelerator pedals" is, suddenly, relevant [ip]

From: Declan McCullagh (declan@private)
Date: Mon May 16 2005 - 19:50:04 PDT

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: FW: Blog on Patent case
Date: Fri, 13 May 2005 12:23:21 -0400
From: Jim DeLong <jdelong@private>
To: Declan McCullagh <declan@private>
CC: Patrick Ross <Pross@private>, Raymond Gifford <rgifford@private>,
      Solveig Singleton <ssingleton@private>

Declan --

This one might be worth passing on to Politech, because:

(1) It could turn into a big deal - I think the chances of cert are
excellent, and it will be the big IP case of 2006;
(2) You will be amused when you read the list of signers of the law prof
brief, which includes Peter Jaszi and Pamela Samuelson. We are all on
the same side!  What are the odds that that will happen again?

http://weblog.ipcentral.info/archives/2005/05/patent_reform_p.html

Jim

James V. DeLong
Senior Fellow & Director -- Center for the
     Study of Digital Property
Progress & Freedom Foundation
1401 H St., NW -- Suite  1075
Washington, DC 20005