[Politech] Offing spammers: More and more laws, or enforcement of existing ones? [sp]

From: Declan McCullagh (declan@private)
Date: Tue May 24 2005 - 19:38:25 PDT

Previous Politech message:
http://www.politechbot.com/2005/05/20/more-on-spam/

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: Re: [Politech] More on spam elimination by arresting a mere 200
bottom-feeders [sp]
Date: Sat, 21 May 2005 13:54:42 -0600
From: Eric Goldman <egoldman@private>
To: Declan McCullagh <declan@private>

Sorry, I missed this earlier.  We don't need new laws to nail the top
200 spammers.  There are plenty of laws that already cover their
behavior.  Iif we agree with Brad's assessment of the problem, what we
need is better enforcement of the existing laws, to the extent that's
possible against spammers located worldwide and trying to cover their
tracks.  Eric.
--
Eric Goldman
Marquette University Law School