[Politech] Using psychiatric neuroimaging in interrogations: permissible or not? [priv]

From: Declan McCullagh (declan@private)
Date: Mon Jun 13 2005 - 19:30:11 PDT

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: Politech Submission
Date: Mon, 13 Jun 2005 10:14:08 -0400
From: Sean Thompson <seankthompson@private>
To: declan@private

Declan,

I have written a paper that I think might be of some interest to your
readers on Politech.  In it, I examine the legality of apply new
brain-scanning technologies like functional MRI in the interrogation
of individuals the US has detained in the war on terror.  It might be
a little heavier law than the usual post, but I think its an
interesting look at how new technology will challenge the traditional
legal restraints on interrogation.  It's over at SSRN at

Sean