[Politech] Politch subscriber receives takedown lawyergram over Cisco briefing [fs]

From: Declan McCullagh (declan@private)
Date: Mon Aug 01 2005 - 16:43:10 PDT

Cisco and Internet Security Systems (ISS) have filed a lawsuit against
Michael Lynn and the Black Hat security conference. The two companies
claim that information disclosed in a talk about a Cisco vulnerability
is proprietary:
http://news.com.com/2100-1002_3-5807551.html

Now they appear (see below) to be sending nastygrams to conference
attendees who posted information about Lynn's presentation to their own
web sites. Right now they're attacking a mirror of the PDF, but why not
a summary of the information in the PDF? Or a news article with
technical information about the vulnerability? This slope is quite slippery.