[Politech] Local paper digs through police trash -- after cops say it's OK for them to do [priv]

From: Declan McCullagh (declan@private)
Date: Mon Aug 08 2005 - 17:17:10 PDT

Today is going to be Trash Day on Politech. Following in quick
succession is a number of replies to last Friday's posting:
http://www.politechbot.com/2005/08/05/montana-supreme-court/

Best quote from the following article:
> Hours later, the chief issued a press release complaining that WW had gone through "my personal garbage at my home." KATU promptly took to the airwaves declaring, "Kroeker wants Willamette Week to stay out of his garbage."
>
> If the chief got overheated, the mayor went nuclear. When we confessed that we had swiped her recycling, she summoned us to her chambers.
>
> "She wants you to bring the trash--and bring the name of your attorney," said her press secretary, Sarah Bott.

Subject: 	trash tawking
Date: 	Mon, 8 Aug 2005 16:43:48 -0700
From: 	Greenfield, SharonX T <sharonx.t.greenfield@private>
To: 	<declan@private>

we had a similar bout of fun here in oregon:
http://www.wweek.com/story.php?story=3485

Multnomah County Prosecutor Mark McDonnell
Police Chief Mark Kroeker
Mayor Katz

said it was just fine and dandy to swipe garbage and then
prosecute.....so the local newspaper swiped theirs. BIG TIZZY-FIT.
journalism at its finest, check it out...

-Sharon