[Politech] Engadget.com editor responds over Princeton University's lawyergram [fs]

From: Declan McCullagh (declan@private)
Date: Wed Aug 10 2005 - 15:34:18 PDT

Peter is a cofounder of Engadget (one of the top gadget & gizmo sites
out there). Previous Politech message:
http://www.politechbot.com/2005/08/10/princeton-university-sends/

Subject: Re: [Politech] Princeton University sends cease-and-desist
nastygram to Engadget.com [fs]
Date: Wed, 10 Aug 2005 18:15:54 -0400
From: Peter Rojas <peterrojas.com@private>
To: Declan McCullagh <declan@private>

Responding to Paul Alan Levy's email:

It's a little unfair to call us "cowards", I took the shield down as a
courtesy because it was tangential to the story in question. We've been
threatened with lawsuits by Microsoft, Nokia, Motorola, etc. and in each
case we've stood our ground because we believed we had a right to report
on the images in question, so I really don't appreciate being called a
coward.

Regards,

Peter