[Politech] Member of DHS committee asks for comment on privacy "framework" [priv]

From: Declan McCullagh (declan@private)
Date: Fri Sep 30 2005 - 09:38:35 PDT

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: Privacy Framework for Public Comment
Date: Fri, 30 Sep 2005 12:29:21 -0400
From: Jim Harper <jharper@private>
To: Declan McCullagh <declan@private>

Declan:

At this week’s meeting of the Department of Homeland Security’s Data
Privacy and Integrity Advisory Committee, Joanne McNabb, Chief of the
California Office of Privacy Protection, and I circulated and presented
a draft “Framework” for assessing homeland security programs in terms of
their consequences for privacy and related values.

Members of the Committee will be reviewing it and “test-driving” it in
their respective work and studies of DHS programs and technologies.

Public comment on the draft would also be welcome, addressed to
privacycommittee@private

I have posted a copy of the draft framework here:

http://www.privacilla.org/releases/Framework_Draft_9.2.05.pdf

Jim

Jim Harper
Director of Information Policy Studies