[Politech] Feds want to monitor and detain travelers for public health purposes [priv]

From: Declan McCullagh (declan@private)
Date: Mon Nov 28 2005 - 17:27:58 PST

The Daily Kos writeup below refers to this Washington Post story:
http://washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2005/11/22/AR2005112201700.html

It's a reasonable worry (though I wonder if the Daily Kos folks would be
as vocal if a Democratic administration had done this). I wrote this
article last year that discussed the problems of governmental
overreaching in the case of SARS:
http://www.reason.com/hod/dmc041703.shtml