[Politech] It was a hoax: Homeland Security doesn't snoop on interlibrary loans [fs]

From: Declan McCullagh (declan.mccullagh@private)
Date: Mon Jan 02 2006 - 22:51:03 PST

Previous Politech message:
http://www.politechbot.com/2005/12/24/does-homeland-security/

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: Re: [Politech] Does Homeland Security cross-reference
interlibrary loans to INS, other databases? [priv]
Date: 24 Dec 2005 14:36:03 -0500
From: John R Levine <johnl@private>
To: Declan McCullagh <declan@private>

 > Unless there is more to the following story than was reported, ...

In case a hundred people haven't already sent this in, the story turns out
to have been a complete hoax.  The student just made it up.

http://www.boston.com/news/local/massachusetts/articles/2005/12/24/students_tall_tale_revealed/

Seasons xmas and all that.

R's,
John

interlibrary loans to INS, other databases? [priv]