[Politech] Request for help with survey on vulnerability disclosure

From: Declan McCullagh (declan@private)
Date: Thu Jan 12 2006 - 01:42:13 PST

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: Survey on Vulnerability Disclosure: Request for Participation
Date: Thu, 05 Jan 2006 16:14:11 -0500
From: Richard Forno <rforno@private>
To: Declan McCullagh <declan@private>

Declan --- Happy New Year! Would you be willing to pass this RFI onto
POLITECH?

- snip -

As part of my doctoral studies, I am seeking community input regarding how
secrecy and openness can be balanced in the analysis and alerting of
security vulnerabilities to protect critical national infrastructures. To
answer this question, my thesis is investigating:

1.    How vulnerabilities are analyzed, understood and managed throughout
the vulnerability lifecycle process.

2.    The ways that the critical infrastructure security community interact
to exchange security-related information and the outcome of such
interactions to date.

3.    The nature of and influences upon collaboration and
information-sharing within the critical infrastructure protection community,
particularly those handling internet security concerns.

4.    The relationship between secrecy and openness in providing and
exchanging security-related information.

The survey is located at http://www.infowarrior.org/survey.html and should
take 10-15 minutes to complete. Participation is both voluntary and
anonymous. Thank you for your help with this endeavor, and for helping
distribute this request for participation to other interested parties/lists.

The survey will be online through early March.

Thanks again,

Rick
-infowarrior.org