[Politech] Why was Moveon.org blocked by AOL? Did recipients want the email messages? [sp]

From: Declan McCullagh (declan@private)
Date: Thu Apr 13 2006 - 21:11:54 PDT

I'm sympathetic with many of EFF's positions on spam. But it is
reasonable to ask: (a) Is each and every address receiving alerts from
dearaol.com confirmed double-opt in? (b) Did dearaol.com borrow lists
from some of its member organizations like moveon.org that may have
less-than pristine list management practices? (c) Did a human at AOL
intentionally block dearaol.com messages because of the content of the
mailings or was it entirely automatic because so many AOLers were
marking the alerts as spam?

Previous Politech message:
http://www.politechbot.com/2006/04/13/aol-blocks-e/