[Politech] The NYPD can take photos of you -- but you can't turn your lens on them [fs]

From: Declan McCullagh (declan@private)
Date: Fri Apr 14 2006 - 23:39:50 PDT

What thuggish behavior. Kudos to the Village Voice for publicizing this.

I've been accosted (though not arrested) for taking photos on public
sidewalks/streets in Washington, DC. The two times that come to mind
were before 9/11. Photos of the Feds in question:
http://www.mccullagh.org/image/d30-5/capitol-police.html
http://www.mccullagh.org/image/d30-5/pennsylvania-ave-setup-cop.html