[Politech] Politech back from hiatus

From: Declan McCullagh (declan@private)
Date: Mon Jul 10 2006 - 12:08:30 PDT

Folks,

I'm happy to say that Politech is back from a monthlong hiatus, the
longest since its launch 12 years ago.

I've been largely offline for the last month because I was getting
married. My then-fiancee, an attorney in San Francisco, and I tied the
knot in Carmel, California last month with a reception at the Mission
Ranch (owned by Clint Eastwood, who made a cameo appearance).

For a mini-honeymoon, we stayed at the Post Ranch Inn about 20 miles
south and drove down to Cambria and the Paso Robles wine country:
http://www.mccullagh.org/theme/post-ranch-inn-coast-house.html
http://www.mccullagh.org/theme/post-ranch-inn.html

Also I've finished my private pilot license and have been exploring
northern and central California in a two-seater Diamond Katana based at
San Carlos airport (KSQL):
http://www.mccullagh.org/photo/1ds-3/san-francisco-aerial-view
http://www.mccullagh.org/photo/1ds-5/sierra-nevada-mountains-aerial

I'll start going through the backlog of Politech posts and submissions
in the next few hours. Thanks for your patience during last month's
interregnum, and please do send along anything that I should forward to
the rest of the list!

Thanks,
Declan