[Politech] David Burt on DOPA library and school filtering bill [fs]

From: Declan McCullagh (declan@private)
Date: Tue Aug 01 2006 - 07:50:28 PDT

My article last week on the House of Representatives approving DOPA by a
lopsided 410-15 vote:
http://news.com.com/Chat+rooms+could+face+expulsion/2100-1028_3-6099414.html

As written, DOPA would cover more than chat rooms and MySpace.com; its
category of "social networking sites" includes ones that permit public
profiles. Some examples:
The list could include Slashdot, which permits public profiles; Amazon,
which allows author profiles and personal lists; and blogs like
RedState.com that show public profiles. In addition, many media
companies, such as News.com publisher CNET Networks, permit users to
create profiles of favorite games and music.