[Politech] What if DOPA requires libraries to block sites of U.S. Senate candidates? [fs]

From: Declan McCullagh (declan@private)
Date: Tue Aug 01 2006 - 09:27:06 PDT

Previous Politech message:
http://www.politechbot.com/2006/08/01/david-burt-on/

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: DOPA and political speech
Date: Tue, 1 Aug 2006 10:54:06 -0500
From: Ben Masel <bmasel@private>
To: Declan McCullagh <declan@private>

A broad characterization of   site with that many users can't help but
sweep much speech that doesn't fit the presumption.

I, for example, have been using Myspace to promote my candidacy in the
Democratic Primary for the United States Senate, clearly core protected
speech, and pretty effective. http://www.myspace.com/ben_masel

Is anyone preparing to seek injunctive relief should this pass? I want
in as a listed plaintiff, should this happen before my Sept. 12 Primary
(or after if I pull the upset of the decade v Herb Kohl.)

I've thus far spotted about 30 Candidates with myspace presences.