[Politech] Tech voter's guide for 2006 election: How politicians voted

From: Declan McCullagh (declan@private)
Date: Thu Nov 02 2006 - 07:40:57 PST

It's easy for politicians to claim to have done well by technology.
Democratic Sen. John Kerry, for instance, made fundraising pilgrimages
to Silicon Valley and claimed to have a reasonable tech platform. But in
a scorecard rating tech-related votes that we've posted today, Kerry
came in second-to-last in the entire U.S. Senate.

I don't mean to pick on Democrats (in fact, the Democrats did slightly
better overall than Republicans in the House of Representative), just
political hypocrisy. And of course most everyone failed. The details follow.

Map:
http://news.com.com/2009-1040-6130830.html

Article:
http://news.com.com/2009-1040-6131719.html
Do politicos' voting records match their rhetoric? To rate who's best
and who's worst on technology topics before the November 7 election,
CNET News.com has compiled a voter's guide, grading how representatives
in the U.S. Congress have voted over the last decade.