[Politech] Keith Henson, Scientology critic, arrested in "Tom Cruise" missile case [fs]

From: Declan McCullagh (declan@private)
Date: Mon Feb 05 2007 - 23:59:27 PST

Keith Henson, an engineer, writer, programmer, and critic of Scientology
was arrested on Friday:
http://freekeithhenson.blogspot.com/'

He had been convicted in 2001 on some bizarre charges of threatening
Scientology that grew out of a Usenet post and his picketing:

At which time he fled to Canada and sought asylum, but subsequently
returned to the states:

After interviewing his defense counsel and a prosecutor today, I wrote
an article that you can find here:
http://news.com.com/2100-1030_3-6156516.html

R.U. Sirius' writeup is also thorough:
http://www.10zenmonkeys.com/2007/02/04/scientology-fugitive-arrested/
http://www.10zenmonkeys.com/2007/02/05/a-reprint-of-an-interview-with-keith-henson-by-ru-sirius-2/

Scientology's position paper on copyright they sent to Politech a few
years ago:

And some background on Scientology:
http://www.cs.cmu.edu/~dst/Fishman/time-behar.html
http://www.spaink.net/fishman/home.html

For background, I'll include part of the Usenet thread about the "Tom
Cruise" missile below.