[Politech] Dispatches from 2007 Computers Freedom and Privacy conference in Montreal [priv]

From: Declan McCullagh (declan@private)
Date: Fri May 04 2007 - 20:23:24 PDT

So I've been in Montreal this week for the 2007 Computers Freedom and
Privacy conference. Some of the articles:

Should Amazon.com be able to charge you more than someone else?
http://news.com.com/8301-10784_3-9715959-7.html

After seven years, government data-regulation committee recommends new
federal bureaucracy
http://news.com.com/8301-10784_3-9716077-7.html

Canada may stop using U.S. passenger profiling lists
http://news.com.com/8301-10784_3-9715942-7.html

Bush wants to derail wiretapping lawsuit against AT&T
http://news.com.com/8301-10784_3-9715930-7.html

No Facebook, Youtube for Canadian government workers
http://news.com.com/8301-10784_3-9715957-7.html

Florida ditches problematic touch-screen voting, and now what?
http://news.com.com/8301-10784_3-9715960-7.html

Oh, and Simson Garfinkel and another CFPer and I got lost thanks to a GPS:
http://www.technologyreview.com/blog/garfinkel/17599/