[Politech] Sen. John Kerry wants to outlaw "transmitting" dog fighting images [fs]

From: Declan McCullagh (declan@private)
Date: Wed Jul 25 2007 - 07:54:09 PDT

The esteemed senator's statement (should be "illegal to transmit images
of dog fighting, to run websites that cater to dog fighting"):
http://kerry.senate.gov/cfm/record.cfm?id=279464

My article on the topic saying, essentially, why that's a bad idea:
http://news.com.com/8301-10784_3-9748685-7.html

The proximate cause of Sen. Kerry's announcement:
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2940065

A recently-amended federal law already bans interstate transport of any
animal used in a "fighting venture":
http://thomas.loc.gov/cgi-bin/bdquery/z?d110:h.r.00137:

All of which explains why Kerry received a mere 15%, very close to the
lowest score in the *entire Congress* on our voter's guide last year:
http://news.com.com/2009-1040-6131719.html