Re: Secure popen

From: Rodrigo Barbosa (rodrigobat_private)
Date: Tue Jun 19 2001 - 12:36:40 PDT

    On Tue, Jun 19, 2001 at 10:03:56AM -0400, Aaron Bentley wrote:
    > I'm writing a CGI program in C++ that sends email.  I'm using Sendmail
    > for the transmission, so I need a command that lets me specify stdin for
    > Sendmail.
    (cut)
    > Any suggestions for this ?

    I have one.
    DON'T DO THIS !
    Why you must run sendmail ? Why don't you simply create a SMTP connection
    to your daemon, and send your e-mail just like any good manared e-mail
    program should do ?
    There is no way to use popen in a sane way, AFAIK.

     Rodrigo Barbosa                   - rodrigob at bh.conectiva.com.br
     Conectiva S/A			   - Belo Horizonte, MG, Brazil
     "Quis custodiet ipsos custodiet?" - http://www.conectiva.com/