Re: Safe session IDs (How about Hijacking)

From: Giorgio Zoppi (gzppiat_private)
Date: Fri Jan 11 2002 - 17:42:29 PST

    On Fri, Jan 11, 2002 at 04:13:36PM -0500, Ryan M Harris wrote:
    > Ooh, and here's a good question.  Once I get it to the client, how can I
    > make sure that it wasn't hijacked via man-in-the-middle or a sniffer on the
    > client end?

    First of all, you should read

    Does and Dont's of Web autentication by Web by Kevin Fu
    placed at
    http://cookies.lcs.mit.edu/pubs/webauth.html

    In that document there's a simple  way,
    which include the use of HMAC_SHA1 (with PHP you've the choice to
    use mhash lib or openssl) and SSL.

    Giorgio Zoppi		| James Bond Log Project				 |
    gzoppiat_private	| http://cvs.sourceforge.net/cgi-bin/viewcvs.cgi/bondlog |
    denebat_private	|							 |