Re: Safe session IDs

From: Jedi/Sector One (jat_private)
Date: Mon Jan 14 2002 - 12:23:08 PST

    On Sun, Jan 13, 2002 at 12:17:16AM +0100, Thomas Jespersen wrote:
    > Is it supposed to run on an Apache server? The reason I ask is because
    > Apache provides a Unique-ID API if you install the correct module:

      This is a very bad idea. Apache's unique-ids are nice, but totally
    insecure. It's just based on pid, server address, a timestamp (one second
    precision only) and an incremental counter.

      Best regards,

              -Frank.

    --
                   Frank DENIS (Jedi/Sector One) <jat_private>
    HotLinker - http://www.HotLinker.Net -*- Pure-FTPd - http://www.PureFTPd.Org