RE: designing a secure mail server?

From: Frank Meurer (Frank.Meurerat_private)
Date: Fri Mar 01 2002 - 01:44:41 PST

    In Thu, 28 Feb 2002, Oliver Friedrichs cum veritate scripsit :

    > > Please share your opinions about this idea before I head off
    > > on a tangent and start a big project that might or might not
    > > be fundamentally broken due to bad design.
    >
    > I would really suggest that you think long and hard before venturing into
    > something like this - while keeping in mind that 2 very strong programmers,
    > who also happen to be security experts have already done this.  You know
    > about qmail, but there is also Postfix by Wieste Venema.  Also, why are #3
    > and #4 problems for you?

    [...]

    Just want to mention the "SASL problem" (RFC2554, 2222):
    Postfix uses the Cyrus SASL library and while reading Wietses docs it
    makes me think that Wietse is not really happy with that solution.
    Don't know 'bout exim or qmail.

    Frank

    --
    Sending unsolicited commercial email to this address may be a violation
    of the Washington State Consumer Protection Act, chapter 19.86 RCW.