Slides and programs on (In)Secure Programming

From: Frédéric Raynal (frederic.raynalat_private)
Date: Mon Jul 29 2002 - 00:42:01 PDT

    	Hello,

    The slides of the presentationo I gave at LSM 2002 (Libre Software
    Meeting) on (In)Secure Programming are available online.

    Here is the abstract:

    This presentation intends to show with several examples common
    mistakes made by programmers. These are mainly due to bad programming
    habits and incomplete knowledge of the functions used.

    Hence, we will illustrate how a system can be compromised through
    exploitation of different kinds of bugs ("popular" buffer overflows,
    escape shells, race conditions, and many more). We will also show how
    to avoid these bugs.

    Everything is available on
    http://minimum.inria.fr/~raynal/index.php3?page=605

    --