Re: ezmlm response

From: David Wheeler (dwheelerat_private)
Date: Mon Dec 30 2002 - 07:33:26 PST

    Bob Bruen <coldrainat_private> said:
    >Date: Fri, 27 Dec 2002 18:16:39 -0500 (EST)
    >To: Rahul Chander Kashyap <rahulat_private>
    >
    >Hi folks,
    >
    > Here is a list of related books:

    Please don't forget my book, particularly since you can download
    and read it immediately, it has MUCH more practical/applied material
    than almost all the other books you listed, and I keep it up-to-date.
    Don't ignore electronic media, ESPECIALLY when you're trying to
    securing electronic media!!

     Wheeler, David A. Secure Programming for Linux and Unix HOWTO.
     http://www.dwheeler.com/secure-programs

    If you need a "short list", get these three books:
    * Wheeler (my book) - it concentrate on Unix/Linux,
      though much applies to Windows.
    * Howard & LeBlanc book - its title is misleading, because

      it's really only about Windows, though with some effort you can apply

      some of it to Unix/Linux; for Windows, it's very good.

    * Viega - it tries to cover all, though it angles more to
      Unix/Linux.

    Each covers issues the others don't.

    --- David A. Wheeler
         dwheelerat_private