RE: Standards for developing secure software

From: Stormwalker (bruenat_private)
Date: Fri Jan 24 2003 - 06:02:41 PST

    On Thu, 23 Jan 2003, Gustaf Bjorksten wrote:

    > Hmmm.. i just joined this list and i've missed the part of the
    > discussion where the books were mentioned. I'd really love to know what
    > the titles were. Is this list archived anywhere?

                   Books Related to Writing Secure Code

    Anderson, Ross. Security Engineering. Wiley 2001.

    Birman, Kenneth. Building Secure and Reliable Network Applications.
    Manning 1996.

    Black, Uyless. Internet Security Protocols. Prentice Hall 2001.

    Blakley, Bob. CORBA Security. An Introduction to Safe Computing with
    Objects. Addison-Wesley 200o. ISBN0-201-32565-9.

    Chapman, Davis. Developing Secure Applications with Visual Basic.  2000
    Sams. ISBN: 0672318369

    Howard, Michael . Designing Secure Web-Based Applications for Microsoft(r)
    Windows(r) 2000 2000. Microsoft Press. ISBN: 0-735-60995-0

    Howard, Michael and David Leblanc Writing Secure Code (With CD-ROM)
    Microsoft Press, 2002 ISBN: 0-772-86435-4.

    Leveson, Nancy. Safeware. System Safety and Computers.
    Addison-Wesley 1995. ISBN 0-201-11972-2.

    Ramachandran, Jay. Designing Security Architecture Solutions.
    Wiley 2002. ISBN 0-471-20602-4

    Rescorla, Eric. SSL and TSL. Designing and Building Secure
    Systems. Addison Wesley 2001.

    Ryan, Peter and Steve Schneider. Modelling and Analysis of Security
    Protocols. Addison-Wesley 2001. ISBN 0-201-67471-8.

    Storey,Neil. Safety Critical Computer Systems. Addison-Wesley
    1996. ISBN 0-201-42787-7.

    Viega, John and Gary Mcgraw. Building Secure Software. How to Avoid
    Security Problems the Right Way. Addison-Wesley 2002.

    Wheeler, David. Secure Programming for Linux and Unix HOWTO
      http://www.dwheeler.com/secure-programs)