RE: safe strcpy()?

From: Hall, Philip (phallat_private)
Date: Tue Jan 28 2003 - 20:00:33 PST

    > Of course, the real way to build secure software is not
    > to use "safe" functions, but to check data validity :-)

    Hang on, that sounds akin to not having locks (safe functions) on your front door, but posting a guard (data validation) at the end of your drive way...hmmmmm I think I'll stick to my eXtreme Defensive Programming (XDP) and be paranoid about everything...unless you meant that by *adding* the data validity to the 'safe' functions to beef them up...?

    --phil