ROI for secure software engineering

From: Artem Frolov (frolovat_private)
Date: Tue Feb 04 2003 - 08:51:10 PST

    Hello

    I am looking for methods to calculate return on investment in secure software
    engineering practices. Since it is impossible to create absolutely secure
    software (let alone define what is absolutely secure) it would be good to
    know how much to spend for developer education, code reviews and so on, to
    reach some kind of break-even point.

    I found many sites on the net which cover ROI to the application security, but
    none dedicated to the finance of the secure software engineering. If you know
    some links, please, share your knowledge.

    Thanks

    --
     Artem Frolov <frolovat_private>