RE: Trusting localhost?

From: Lapinski, Michael (Research) (lapinskiat_private)
Date: Mon Jul 28 2003 - 11:21:01 PDT

    Hi,
     I wouldnt use machinename as a reference to lochost
    as a lookup by machine name returns the routable IP
    address of the machine and involves talking to a
    DNS server.

    -mtl

    Michael Lapinski
    Computer Scientist
    GE Research

    "I think there is a world market for maybe five computers."
                - IBM Chairman Thomas Watson, 1943