Metis 1.2 released

From: Sacha Faust (sachaat_private)
Date: Thu Feb 28 2002 - 21:30:47 PST

    Metis 1.2 is now available from : http://www.severus.org/sacha/metis

    Information
    -----------
    This is a tool I wrote to collect information from web servers.
    The code is in Java and is under GPL. The source is available in the release
    zip.
    This was written for the Open Source Security Testing Methodology (OSSTM)
    located on http://www.ideahamster.org/osstmm-description.htm.

    If you get OutOfMemory errors, it means that the site you are scanning is
    quite big and you need to
    grow the heap size by using the -Xms<size> option. By default, the metis.bat
    will set it to 150.

    [ Changes in version 1.2 - 02-28-2002 ]

    - Added a thread engin
    - Support for multiple spiders in parallel
    - Options to change the behavior of the spider and thread engin via the
      conf/webglobal.properties and conf/threadmanager.properties files
    - The spider can be stopped by pressing the s + enter keys during a scan
    - Change the site size in the report in Mb intead of bytes

    Upcomming features in 1.3
    -------------------------
    - HTTP Proxy support
    - Basic HTTP authentication
    - Support for input files with site to spider
    - Support for internal (same root domain) redirects
    - Starting support for Flash content
    - Starting support for Javascript content

    If you wish to contribute to this project, e-mail me at sachaat_private

    ---------
    Sacha Faust
    sachaat_private