Web Application Security Tool - WebProxy 1.0

From: Frank Swiderski (fesat_private)
Date: Tue Apr 23 2002 - 15:03:44 PDT

    All,

    I am pleased to announce that a web application security tool that I wrote
    a while back has made it to the @stake free tools page:

    http://www.atstake.com/research/tools/index.html#WebProxy

    This is installed as a proxy in your browser, processing all web requests
    as they go by (both http and https).  It allows regular expression
    replacement, request logging, request interception, editing, and re-issue.
    Easy installer included (just download and run).  Supports
    Netscape and IE on Linux, Solaris, and Windows.  It is written in Java,
    so any platform that has a 1.4 JRE should work.

    There is also a short description at the above page.

    Don't forget:  EASY install!!!  Download, run, set proxy
    configuration in browser (http proxy: 127.0.0.1, port 5111 and https
    proxy: 127.0.0.1, port 5112), and you're good to go!  For menus,
    utilities, etc., go to http://webproxy/ after setting your proxy up as
    stated.

    Please see the Readme.html file for details about setting up your browser
    after installing it.

    Thanks,
    fes

    PS:  Also included is the beginning of a web fuzzer that can be enabled
    by uncommenting some obvious lines in the .webproxyrc file.  :)

    --
    Frank Swiderski
    Security Consultant, @stake, Inc.