Web based portscan database

From: Ryan Fox (rfoxat_private)
Date: Mon Jul 22 2002 - 14:14:49 PDT

    Greetings.

    I have developed a web based portscan database tool, aptly named
    Portscan.  Currently, it accepts portscans in nmap's xml format and
    stores them in it's database (MySQL).  Searches can be performed on the
    database by hostname/os.  Projected uses for this tool include:

        * Having an audit trail of configuration changes,
        * Being able to immidiately find boxes running a particular service
    on your network,
        * Being able to immidiately find boxes running a particular os on
    your network.

    It is available at http://portscan.amerisuk.com/ , with full sources
    available (GPL licensed) at http://portscan.amerisuk.com/portscan.tar.gz
    .  Just to be clear, this tool does not perform portscans.  It only
    records the results of portscans performed by another tool (nmap).

    It's usefulness as a public resource will be proportional to the number
    of portscan's submitted, which right now is only a few ip's that I
    pulled from my ids logs, so hopefully people will contribute scans and
    help make this useful.  In any case, some may find this tool useful as a
    poor-man's NMS, installed on an intranet with only internal systems
    mapped.  To each his own.

    Cheers,
    Ryan Fox
    rfoxat_private