Looking for Internship position

From: Carsten Goebels (protectat_private)
Date: Thu Feb 03 2000 - 06:46:52 PST

    Hello,

    I am looking for a paid, full-time internship for the upcoming summer within the continental
    U.S.. I am a 21 year old native German, but I am currently enrolled at Mary Washington College
    in Virginia and will graduate in May 2002. As I have previously worked as a network admistrator,
    I would specifically like to intern in a security or IT consulting related position to further
    my knowledge in this area. I have included my resume at the end of this email, but please feel
    free to contact me if you would like to obtain my resume in a different format. Thank you for
    your time and consideration and I look forward to hearing from you soon.

    Sincerely,
    Carsten Goebels

    Resume

    Carsten Goebels
    MWC # 1783
    1701 College Avenue
    Fredericksburg, VA 22401
    Phone: (540) 654 3722
    E-mail: protectat_private

    Objective

    To obtain a paid summer internship in the area of network security,network admininistration or
    IT consulting within the continental U.S..

    Education

    B.S. Computer Science       Mary Washington College, Fredericksburg, VA         May 2002

    · Current overall/major GPA : 3.8 / 4.0
    · Deans List Fall 1999
    · Presidents List Spring 1999

    Work Experience

    Computer Lab Aide, CPSC Department, Mary Washington College,Fredericksburg, VA  1999 - present

    · Redesigned the departmental Web pages
    · Planned, installed and maintained a Windows NT Domain in the primary computer lab
    · Created and implemented security policies
    · Helped computer lab users

    Goebels & Partner (Tax Counseling Company)             Winsen, Germany          1992 - present

    · Developed, installed, documented, administrated and upgraded network solutions available
      24/7 for local access and dial-in utilizing Novell 3.X, Novell 4.X, Windows NT 4.0
    · Created and implemented security policies
    · Complete maintenance of software & hardware
    · Performed user training ( DATEV, Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel, Windows NT, Novell )
    · Conducted Y2K testing of the complete network software and hardware

    Apotheke des KKH Winsen (Hospital Pharmacy)            Winsen, Germany         1997-1998

    · Developed and administrated an internet connection
    · Performed user training ( usage of the internet, information search strategies,
      internet security )
    · Managed the Just-in-time infusion-stock for four hospitals
    · Produced small amounts of individual medications and performed diverse other laboratory tasks
    · Prepared diverse presentations and papers

    EDV-Systemtechnik M.-O. Sartissohn                     Lueneburg, Germany     1995

    · Installed computer and network hardware and software solutions to effectively
      fit the needs of the customer
    · Troubleshot computer and network hardware and software
    · Handled sales transactions and advising customers

    Skills

    · Computer related:
    	* Languages  : HTML, JavaScript, ADA 95, C++
    	* Platforms  : MS-DOS, Windows NT, 9X  ( User, Administrator ), Novell 3.X, 4.X ( User,
                         Administrator ),HP-UX  ( User ), Sun Solaris 2.7 Intel Platform ( User ),
    	               Mac-OS ( User, Administrator )
    	* Programs   : Netxray,  DATEV, Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Word, Microsoft PowerPoint,
    			   Adobe PhotoShop, SPSS
    	* Other      : TCP/IP, IPX, PPP, SQL, hardware and software troubleshooting

    · Languages: fluent in English and German

    Activities

    · Member of the Mary Washington College German Club and the German Community
    · Publicity Chair of the German Club and Community