Looking for work in the Philadelphia/NJ area

From: Fab Siciliano (fsicilianoat_private)
Date: Tue May 08 2001 - 08:56:04 PDT

    Hello to ALL.
    I am currently looking for a position in Network Security... I have about 2
    years experience as a Network Security Admin, and Network Administrator,
    focusing on Intrusion Detection, Pen-Testing, and Security Auditing. I've
    included my resume below in text. Thanks for your time in looking at my
    resume! See ya,
                         Fab
    ==============================
    Fab Siciliano
    fsicilianoat_private
    "I haven't lost my mind -- it's backed up
    on tape somewhere"

    =================Resume===========================
    EXPERIENCE:

    1/2001 - 2/2001
    Federal Reserve Bank of Philadelphia - Philadelphia, PA
    Information Security Administrator  (Temporary Contract Position)

    - Keeping up-to-date with all current vulnerabilities, from BUGTRAQ,
    SecurityFocus.com, and other Vulnerability-Tracking web sites.
    - Reporting vulnerabilities that could have been used to compromise systems,
    and implementing fixes for them.
    - Exposure to ISS Internet Scanning Products, and Intrusion Detection
    Systems, in an NT, Netware Environment.
    - Content Filtering.
    - Provided Incident Response Reports.
    - Reported vulnerabilities to the corresponding technical department
    managers.
    - Ran scheduled scans against the Banks Internal Network.

    12/1999 - 01/2001
    Capita Research Group, Inc. - Blue Bell, PA
    LAN Network Admin / Security Administrator - ETS Administrator (Company
    Software)

    - Monitor, analyze and document information security advisories.
    - Research and perform risk analysis of new applications, operating systems
    And technologies.
    - Identify and remove hostile and unauthorized vulnerable applications on
    the internal network.
    - Analyze and advise management on potential information security threats.
    - Maintain and administered all servers, added/removed users to a network
    that consisted of NT Dell Power Edge 1300 Servers, Windows 98, NT
    Workstation/Server, Linux, MAC OS8 and UNIX.
    - Resolving security issues, user policies, user profiles, and user shares.
    - Analyze network traffic to identify usage patterns and suspicious traffic.
    - Troubleshooting all problems that arose in the network.
    - Installing and upgrading Anti-Virus software.
    - ORACLE Installations on Redhat Linux and NT Servers.
    - Security Audits on all servers using well-known security tools and
    scanners.
    - Advise, recommend security changes and patches to network and systems
    administrators.
    - Created reports using various Security scanning programs.
    - Installing and configuring mail servers, File servers, and Web servers.
    - Provided System security schemes, policies, and implemented them as well.
    - Configure DNS server.
    - Created TCP/IP addressing configurations, and experience with installing
    and maintaining hubs and switches.
    - Maintained an administered MAC OS 8.0 LAN networks, dealing primarily with
    the company's proprietary ETS software.

    11/2000 - Present
    Abaximus Network Security - Roslyn, PA http://crowd.to/abaximus
    This website is maintained on my personal time, and seeks to promote better
    security across the Internet.

    - Developed and maintain an Information Security website that provides
    information on recent network hacks, vulnerabilities, technical papers and
    security related tools.  - Administer website that resides on a Sun Solaris
    machine.
    - HTML, Dreamweaver, Flash, Adobe Photoshop, JAVA Script, and PERL.
    - Provide Latest Security Information and security-related news to visitors
    of site.

    References available upon request

    Skills:
    -  Experience in Client/Server, TCP/IP Networking, LAN, NAT, Routers (Lucent
    ConnectReach Integrated Data/Voice), Switches (Netgear 10baseT 24 port
    switches), and Antivirus.
    -  Solid understanding of Internet applications including DNS, SMTP, FTP,
    TELNET and HTTP.
    -  Microsoft NT Server, Workstation, and 98, MAC OS 8.
    -  Linux 6.x/UNIX.
    -  Apache Web Servers Security, IIS Servers.
    -  Security Auditing NT Servers, Production Servers, File Servers, the
    gateway router, mail servers, RedHat Linux, and Apache Web Servers.
    -  Intrusion Detection, Penetration Testing
    -  Web Development, HTML, Dreamweaver, Flash, Fireworks, Adobe Photoshop.

    Security Tools:
    Nmap (LINUX and NT), Nessus(Linux), Netcat(NT), ISS Internet Scanner, ISS
    Real Secure, Retina, Snort, l0pht Crack, Saint, ISS Telephony Scanner (war
    dialer).

    EDUCATION:
    8/1999 - ETI Educational US-New Jersey-Mt. Laurel
    Certification:
    -TCP/IP, IIS 4.0, Windows NT Network Administration, NT in the Enterprise,
    A+, NT Server 4.0.

    ADDITIONAL INFORMATION:
    - Fluent in English, Italian, and Spanish.
    - Pursuing Certification in CCSA (Checkpoint Certified Security
    Administrator) and CCSE (Checkpoint Certified Security Engineer). After
    three years in the Information Security field, I intend to obtain the CISSP
    certification.