Opportunity

From: Patrick Estes (Patrickat_private)
Date: Thu Jun 07 2001 - 13:45:28 PDT

    Hi-

       Below are the specs for a position in Redwood City. Please contact me
    if you are interested.

    Network Security Quality Engineer

    Position Description:

    This is not last years QA! No ecommerce, no web sites. Just hardcore
    software and other fun ways to trap and track hackers. We specialize in
    covert security applications, including Intrusion Detection Systems and
    Honeypots, with more cool technology in the works. QA here is not you
    pushing a mouse around a GUI all day. It involves you flexing your
    technical muscles to deploy and test our products in complex Unix
    environments. Use your coding and scripting skills to generate test
    suites in our custom harness for all the routine stuff, and leave your
    brain for the real challenging problems. Work with some smart and crazy
    people who are bent on making killer products. Be taken seriously in an
    environment where quality is of the utmost importance.

    Recommended Background and Skills:
    · Strong White box QA experience
    · Strong Unix System Administration skills
    · Router and firewall experience a plus, particularly Cisco IOS
    · Great Perl and shell scripting skills
    · Knowledge of C and Java a plus
    · Experience with networking protocols would help
    · Sense of humor

    Patrick Estes
    Excelerate
    (310)394-1096