I need a full time/internship starting August

From: Amit Gandre (agandreat_private)
Date: Thu Jun 07 2001 - 21:10:40 PDT

    Hi,
       I am nearing completion of my Masters in Computer Science
    from University of Florida. I am looking for a position in System
    Administration, Software Development and if possible some work that
    involves network/computer security.

       I have managed a subnet of our department comprising of Linux and
    AIX work stations. I have also done research work on Intrusion
    Detection Systems. I am also familiar with Perl scripting.

       I am open to relocation. I have included my resume with this
    e-mail. If you wish to discuss my qualifications, you may contact me
    through e-mail to set up a time for an interview. Sponsorship will be
    required for full time. No sponsorship will be required for Intern.

       Hope to hear from you soon.

       Thank you.

    Regards
    Amit Gandre

    Amit Gandre
    Tel: (352) 665-3213(CELL)
    E-mail: agandreat_private

    Objective

    To pursue a career as a computer and network security professional.
    Other interests include Network Administration, Development and
    Design.

    Education

    University of Florida (UF), Gainesville, FL August 1999-
    Present
    * MS in Computer Science
    * Anticipated Date of Graduation: July 2001

    Louisiana State University (LSU), Baton Rouge, LA
    * BS in Computer Engineering

    Computer Skills

    Languages     : Perl, C, Java, SQL, Assembly
    O/S           : Linux, Solaris, AIX 4.3, Windows NT
    Security      : Tripwire, IPFilter
    Certification : Working towards CCNA

    Experience

    * Intrusion Detection System, Center of Network Security
    (CONS Lab), University of Florida

    Designing the architecture of Response Servers for an
    Intrusion Detection System. Involves integrating the
    generic architecture with the existing setup and
    developing a product useful for commercial IDS systems.
    Day to day activities included the role of System
    Administrator. Development in Perl.

    * System Administrator, College of Pharmacy, University of
    Florida

    Helped maintain Novell network with over 300 client
    workstations running off of 3 main servers and
    assisted in maintaining college web presence using
    Windows NT4 (PDC & BDC). Integrated over 50
    new client machines onto existing network without
    interruption of network service. Tested new
    software to ascertain compatibility with existing
    Network Operating System and was part of a team in
    introducing software onto network. Day to day activities
    included educational support to college staff
    and faculty with new software and hardware.

    * Vice President, Indian Student Association, University
    of Florida

    Providing voluntary services for the welfare of the ISA
    a non-profit organization and the community. Additional
    responsibilities include managing a team of directors
    and coordinating their activities.

    Past and Current Projects

    * AIX 4.3 installation on IBMB50 Enterprise Servers.

    * Solaris 8 installation, Web Server, MySQL server/client,
    NFS/NIS setup for the Center of Network Security (CONS Lab).

    * Implemented a multi-threaded , TCP/UDP socket-based
    Client/Server application in Java.

    * Developed a Name Lookup Service similar to Domain Name
    Service (DNS) using Java RMI.

    * Port Sentry implementation, a port scan detector
    implemented in Java.

    * Java implementation of a highly available database.

    * SQL/Perl implementation of a Rent-A-Car Database System

    Course Work
    Unix System Administration, Operating Systems, Computer Networks, Network
    Security, Database Management Systems