Opportunity

From: Patrick Estes (Patrickat_private)
Date: Mon Jun 11 2001 - 15:17:39 PDT

    Hi-

      Below I have pasted Specs for a Security position in Sunnyvale.

    Vulnerability Detection Engineer

                           Sunnyvale, California

                           Responsibilities As part of our Vulnerability Lab
    you will be working
                           on the development of signatures for detecting
    network and
                           application security vulnerabilities. The
    software development
                           environment will be C under Linux. As part of our
    development cycle
                           you will be implementing and testing
    vulnerability detection
                           signatures and also develop content for our
    vulnerability database.

                           Qualifications Our proprietary security
    assessment technology is
                           based on Linux and uses a Web based Front-End
    together with a
                           scalable SQL database. The position requires at
    least 2+ years
                           experience in software development of C on the
    Linux platform.
                           Detailed Understanding of networking concepts,
    TCP/IP protocol, and
                           system security concepts as well as strong
    expertise with operating
                           systems and application servers including Apache,
    IIS, Netscape
                           Enterprise Server, FTP server, Linux, Windows is
    a must. The
                           candidate must be able to work in a fast-paced,
    dynamic
                           environment with aggressive release cycles and
    have good written
                           and verbal communication skills in English. The
    perfect candidate will
                           also have strong knowledge of Network Security
    tools and services
                           (firewall, IDS, VPN, scanners, Encryption,
    security consulting).
                           Past experience in a company providing network
    security products or
                           services will be given priority.

    Patrick Estes
    Excelerate