InfoSec Officer looking for work in US (resume)

From: Av (lists-jobs-secfocat_private)
Date: Wed Jun 20 2001 - 12:31:52 PDT

    I am currently seeking employment in the Information Security
    field. I am currently in the UK, but will be moving back to the US (I am a
    Green Card holder!) this summer and looking for work in the immediate
    future (starting end of July, or August).

    In my current role in London, I have developed a Network Security
    department from scratch for a fast growing ISP. This involved developing
    policies and procedures of varying degrees and to train employees on
    secure and convenient computer use. I am looking for an equally
    challenging role for the future and feel that I would contribute a great
    deal.
    I do not require sponsership as I am a Green Card holder and plan to move
    back to the US anyway. I will very likely not require relocation
    assistance.

    What I am seeking is preferably work in a Unix or Unix/NT environment with
    an emphasis on security. I am flexible on the location, and the above rule
    of no relocation assistance will still stand.

    I can be contacted by email at any time.
    Please find my resume in plain text below. If you would like a copy in an
    alternative format I would be happy to provide it.

    Sincerely,
    Avleen Vig

    ----------------
    Personal Summary:

    An experienced Security officer with 4 years proven Unix support and
    administration including network communitions and Windows/Unix
    cross-platform integration.

    Professional skills:
      Well versed in the installation, configuration and administration of:
        UNIX: Solaris, FreeBSD, and OpenBSD
        Linux: Redhat, S.u.S.e, and Slackware
        Microsoft: Windows 9x, Windows NT 4.0 / 2000, Office 95 and 97
        Knowledgeable in IBM AIX operations
        SNORT intrustion detection systems
        IP communication and network routing including packet analysis
        Leased line and Dial-up WAN network implementation
        SMTP, POP and IMAPv4 over Exim and Qmail
        IPFilter and IPFireWall
        Apache webserver
        SAINT / SATAN / Nessus network and host analysis tools
        Encryption through PGP and stenography, and encrypted communications
    	through SSH
      Languages:
        PHP
        HTML

      Personal Skills:
        Proven teamwork skills, through participation in the
        Duke of Edinburgh's Award Scheme at the Gold level.
        Adjusting quickly to new environments both professional and social.
        Punctual with deadlines.

      Education:
        UK based education:
        10 GCSE's including English, Mathamatics, Sciences and Technology
        National Certificate in Information Technology
        Started Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer (MCSE)

      Employment History
        June 2000 - Present: Internet Vision Ltd
                             London, SW7 2BE
        Information Security Officer, Systems Administrator
        The primary contact for security related, both internal to the company
        and from clients. Developed and maintained security policies &
        procedures for the company. Stayed abreast of developments in
        Information Security to ensure stability of internal servers as well
        as providing consultancy to clients. Acted as the Single Point Of
        Contact for the Systems department, meeting with management daily to
        report on the status of the department and discuss the company’s
        requirements upon it. Managed a farm of over 30 Unix based servers as
        a general Systems Administrator for the company and clients. Audited
        all client servers prior to deployment into a live environment.
        Trained with RIPE to act as part of a Local Internet Registrar.

      April 1999 - June 2000: Hitachi Credit Plc
                              London, TW4 6NW
        IT Support Technician
        Acted as the first point of contact for all computer-related problems
        both hardware and software related. Maintained a log of all notified
        problems and recorded their resolution, thereby providing management
        statistics as required. Arranged for the delivery of equipment and for
        the despatch of faulty equipment for repair. Liased with warranty
        providers on the current status of equipment being repaired. Assisted
        the Network Support Analyst to configure all new equipment.
        Familiarised with daily housekeeping routines so I could fulfil duties
        in the absence of the Network Support Analyst. Maintained an asset
        register of hardware and software held at the site. Assisted in the
        management of a local Microsoft NT LAN and WAN. Other duties as
        specified from time to time in accordance with the Company's business
        requirements.

      Dec 1996 - Dec 1998: UKChat Ltd
                           London, SE11 5BE
        Producer, UK Computing Forum.
        Responsibilities included managing a Microsoft Chat Server on a
        technical level, managing email accounts, writing new articles for
        UKChat's Website and generally keeping abridged on Internet
        technologies in order to answer user queries. Also installed and
        configured Windows NT4.0 Server and Workstation versions as well as
        Windows95. Maintained these along with a small LAN running MS Exchange
        5.5. Provided 1st and 2nd line support to all end users including the
        general public on problems with their systems, programs, networks and
        internet connectivity. Finally, part-produced and managed a small
        Website for the company. Dealt with all matters on computer and
        Internet security. Frequently conversed with Demon Internet and UUNet
        regarding this.

      Hobbies and Interests:
        I enjoy reading literature, listening to music and 'Surfing the Web'.
        I take a keen interest in new technologies and keep myself apprised of
        new problems and solutions in the computing world.

      Personal Details:
      Email: secfocusat_private
      DoB:     10th September 1980

    References available upon request