Canadian Opportunities

From: Lars Maul (Tecurity Solutions Inc.) (larsat_private)
Date: Wed Jun 27 2001 - 15:59:09 PDT

    Greetings list.

    Just wondering if anyone out here on the list can point me in the right
    direction for any Canadian opportunities. I'm a Canadian citizien living in
    Calgary and was interested in any security related opportunities in this
    area or else where. I'm able to relocate to anywhere in the country with no
    need for a relocation package, however I would like to stay in Western
    Canada if possible. In order of preference, these are the cities I am
    interested in working in:

    Calgary
    Edmonton
    Vancouver
    Toronto/Ontario

    Those interested in my full resume may feel free to contact me, but briefly
    I have 7 years of IT experience and 3 years in Computer Security.

    Specifically in Computer Security, I have experience with penetration
    testing and vulnerability asessment, IDS implementation and configuration,
    policy guideline/procedures development, user awareness and training
    sessions, network design and analysis. One of the key areas that I have
    sepnt the last year on is 802.11b wireless internet and have several key
    software applications to help design, implement and secure these inherently
    insecure networks. Very strong client relationship and communication skills,
    enjoy teaching and presenting obscure technical information into fisher
    price nuggets of information that even upper management can chew easily on.
    :o)

    I've also had medium exposure to data forensics using Encase and am familiar
    with the ISO 17799 guidance papers. I have not had the chance to expose
    myself sufficiently to be profficient in any of hte major firewall
    providers, ie: checkpoint, raptor etc... but willing to learn. I've also had
    little exposure to configuring CISCO routers, but have expressed interest in
    pursuing the MCNS (Managing Cisco Network Security).

    As for education, I'm a tech with no degree, just experience. However I do
    have the following designations: CISSP, MCSE, MCP+I, CCP, A+, N+, I-Net+,
    CiW-A. Will soon be a CIPS I.S.P. member and am looking forward to starting
    my MBA program at Athabasca Univ next spring. Missed this years CISA exam
    writing date, but patiently awaiting a chance to nailing that one next year
    as well.

    Im also a connoisseor of world beers,  willing to share (generously) with my
    co-workers, I enjoy a challenge and enjoy even more working with a competent
    group of hardworking individuals.

    So with that said, if anyone has any tips or suggestions, or would like to
    get in contact with me, feel free to email me at the address below.

    Thanks :o)

    - Lars

    maullat_private