Network Security Architect Needed

From: Sinead C Mc Donnell (Sineadat_private)
Date: Mon Jul 02 2001 - 09:58:05 PDT

    Hi

    ****Network Secuirty Architect Needed *****

    Firstly thanks for all the great emails re your experiences
    good and bad with recruiters - hopefully enough people start demanding
    that they are treated with professionalism and things will change with
    the
    recruiters who don't treat people with the respect they deserve!! As
    usual no resumes sent to me will be sent to companies without talking
    with you first and no resume sent to any company without your
    permission. I look forward to talking with you ;-)

    Network Security Architect
    Skills: IPSec solutions, VLANs, VPNs, DES, RSA

    I have a Senior Key role with a company I am working with in
    Silcion Valley California They have a role for a Network Security
    Architect that
    involves understanding IP security solutions and also building the best
    team. Let me
    know  if its something that interest you or if you know someone who
    would
    be a good fit.

    Its a  very interesting challenging role in an area of IP
    Storage that is going to jump off. (IBM, Cisco and Intel
    just signed a huge partnership this morning to start research in this
    area
    which involves combining storage, switching and routing into one IP
    storage
    product. (I attached the story at the bottom of the email ;-)

    Founded in 2000 its a spin-off from 3-COM and built by the
    four founders Angel Funded and founders are from 3Com. Leading
    development
    of First wave of Internet Scalable Storage
    Solutions.(IP storage networking product) . They have raised
    over 17 Million
    first round form VC's (which is the highest I've seen from
    the
    competition in that market).
    They have  20 engineers and They are seeking talented,
    leadership people

    who are looking to make key contributions and be part of the
    force
    driving a major paradigm shift.  All senior positions a the
    early stage
    will be involved in architectural decisions and team
    building.

    Excellent compensation and benefits package including equity
    and they
    will relocate
    for star candidates to California.

    Network Security Architect
    Skills: IPSec solutions, VLANs, VPNs, DES, RSA

    Candidate should be well versed in network security
    issues and architecture, access control models, security
    levels, and algorithms. Candidate must have experience
    implementing
    IPSec solutions and should be knowledgeable about VLANs,
    VPNs, DES,
    and RSA. Familiarity with one or more of hardware design,
    storage access

    models and methods, and network routing is a plus. M.S. and
    5 years is
    required (Ph.D. and 3 years is preferred)

    This is the news re IP storage for any who are interested

    IBM, Intel backing proposed IP-based storage standard

     A group of technology vendors, including IBM and Intel
    Corp.,
    yesterday came out in support of a proposed naming service
    standard for

    IP-based storage networks while also announcing planned
    shipment dates
    for storage devices that utilize the Internet's basic
    communications protocol.

    IBM and Intel said they're backing the Internet Storage Name
    Service (ISNS) specification as a device discovery and
    management tool
    for IP-based storage networks because they believe it will
    become
    the leading technology for that task within five years. The
    most
    recent draft version of the standard was released last month
    by the
    Internet Engineering Task Force (IETF).

     Like a domain name server, ISNS is designed to work by
    allowing a server connected to a network to discover storage
    devices, or

    "targets," with which it can communicate. That's supposed to
    save  IT managers from having to manually configure the
    addresses
    required for routing data, a task that isn't considered
    feasible on
    large
    corporate networks.

     Proponents have said the proposed specification would also
    let
    users set up their networks so that only certain servers
    could
    communicate with different storage devices. The vendors that
    are
    co-authoring the standard include Cisco Systems Inc., IBM,
    and
    Nortel Networks Corp.

    Meanwhile, IBM and San Jose-based Nishan Systems Inc.
    yesterday announced that software supporting the ISNS
    protocol
    has been released as open-source code. Nishan developed the
    software to
    work with three IP-based storage switching  devices that it
    recently
    introduced. The switches are being resold by IBM's
    consulting and
    services
    division.

    As part of the announcement by IBM and Nishan, Intel said it
    plans to enable an IP-based storage adapter that's currently
    under development to use device information produced by the
    iSNS
    specification. The Pro/1000 IP Storage host bus adapter is
    scheduled to become available later this year, according to
    Intel.

    The storage working group within the IETF is also
    considering several other IP-related standards, including a
    proposed SCSI  over Internet Protocol (iSCSI) specification
    that IBM is
    backing (see story). IBM yesterday said its first
    iSCSI-based disk
    array, a low-end device called the TotalStorage IP Storage
    200i that was

    detailed in February, will begin shipping in volume  this
    week.

    Our intent is to be the industry leader in iSCSI," said
    John Kuhn, the iSCSI development manager at IBM's storage
    systems group. "So for us, we're very heavily involved."
    However,
    Blaine Kohl, marketing director for Intel's iSCSI unit, said
    it will
    probably be late 2003 before iSCSI-based devices take off in
    a big way
    and
    start to challenge storage networking products     that
    support Fibre
    Channel technology.

    Related stories:

    IBM enters network-attached storage market, June 14,
    2001 Users still looking for better storage
    management tools, June 13, 2001

    Faster storage networking devices loom on the horizon,
    June 4, 2001  Tight, competitive market forces storage
    vendors to deal, May 4, 2001

    Kindest Regards

    Sinéad

    408-452-8888 Office
    408-832-3405 Cell Phone

    Sinéad C Mc Donnell
    408-452-8888 Office      www.Pencom.com
    408-832-3405 Cell        IT Recruitment

    I consider every day to be lost, in which I do not make a
    new acquaintance. Samuel Johnson (1709-1784)