Security Software Engineer Resume

From: Jonathan Wilkins (jwilkinsat_private)
Date: Thu Jul 05 2001 - 00:25:23 PDT

    My full resume is available at:
    http://www.bitland.net/~jwilkins/resume.html

    Summary Follows:

    I have significant professional experience designing and implementing large
    and complex software projects in C and C++. My experience includes lead and
    supporting roles in award winning commercial shrink-wrap software and
    participation in open-source projects. I have been a member of small, medium
    and large (100+) development teams and have experience working with
    professional quality-assurance teams.

    My technical expertise includes mastery of the C programming language,
    significant experience with C++, PHP and object-oriented design, and
    prototyping with Delphi and C++Builder. Development environments have
    included free and commercial Unix systems using GNU C and Win32 using
    Visual Studio and Borland C++. I have experience with x86 assembly language.

    My development work makes extensive use of parsing tools such as Lex/YACC
    (in both Win32 and Unix environments) diagnostic tools such as gdb and the
    GNU profiler gprof. On Win32 platforms I use NuMega's Boundschecker and
    SoftICE. I posess significant cross-platform development experience
    including native OS interfaces and compatibility libraries such as GNU-Win32.
    I am extremely familiar with software portability issues across Windows NT/2K,
    FreeBSD, Linux and Solaris. I am familiar with the use of the GNU
    automake/autoconf toolset to ensure portability. I have written drivers for
    Windows NT and kernel modules for FreeBSD.

    I have a commanding mastery of host and network security issues, including
    industry-leading expertise with secure programming, and network vulnerability
    assessment. I have released security advisories and performed research in many
    areas of network security including, traffic analysis and authentication
    technologies. I also lead the winning team for Capture the Flag (a penetration
    testing contest) at Defcon 6.

    Jonathan