Re: any degree on computer security ??

From: Kim (shousekat_private)
Date: Fri Jul 06 2001 - 18:50:48 PDT

    For the JMU MSCS with a concentration in Infosec, follow this link
    http://www.infosec.jmu.edu/ (it's taught completely online now.)  There are
    definite differences in taking classes online vice in person (something to
    consider before signing up!) but the way that JMU set up their web boards
    helps emulate a classroom.  Like any class, it's up to the professors and
    students to make it work.

    If you are interested in information assurance (my totally unofficial
    definition: infosec from the software development process to deployment),
    NSA has a program for infosec education.  Their website has more info and
    links to US colleges and universities that are designated as centers of
    academic excellence for information assurance:
    http://www.nsa.gov/isso/programs/nietp/newspg1.htm.

    Hope this helps.  Email me offline if you would like more info on the JMU
    program.