Opportunity for an IT Security Manager

From: Paul Singleton (psingletonat_private)
Date: Wed Jul 11 2001 - 14:30:51 PDT

    Posting this for a friend of mine at BAE systems.  Please direct all

    BAE SYSTEMS, an international systems, defense, and aerospace company, is
    located in nine countries with over 100,000 employees worldwide. The
    Corporate business unit, based in Rockville, Maryland, directs a growing
    workforce of over 18,000 employees nationwide.  As far as benefits go, we
    have you covered! Not only do we offer many of the standard benefits
    features, we also offer 2 retirement plans (company matched 401k & a
    non-contributory retirement plan), tuition reimbursement up to $5,250 per
    year, 19 days paid time off your first year, and 10 paid holidays. (Note:
    Benefits may vary depending on location.)

    We have an opportunity for an IT Security Manager work closely with our
    Corporate IT Director and develop the overall security vision, architecture,
    and strategy for our North American businesses.  Day-to-day responsibilities
    are to:

    -Lead the IT Security Steering Committee
    -Review Corporate Firewall architecture and strategy
    -Participate in IT Security meetings with our UK counterparts
    -Review the Worldwide IT Security procedures and adopt them for application
    within the United States

    Must Have the Following:
    -US Citizenship is required
    -Demonstrated experience in an enterprise networking environment (TCP/IP
    inter-networking, authentication mechanisms, encryption technologies,
    application proxying and packet filtering, VPN, intrusion detection, and
    security incident handling).  Our shop is a Unix/NT environment.
    -Demonstrated ability to implement and lead projects since you will be
    responsible for ensuring North American compliance with security directives
    -Excellent communication skills since this is a high-visibility position
    which requires the ideal candidate to be able to work with business units
    and executive-level management

    Prefer to Have the Following:
    -Current Secret Clearance would be ideal though ability to gain a clearance
    is required
    -CISSP certification

    Please email resume to neil.hutchisonat_private

    Neil Hutchison, Recruiter
    BAE Systems - San Diego
    16262 W. Bernardo Dr; San Diego, CA 92127
    (voice) 858-385-3043
    (email) neil.hutchisonat_private
    (company info) http://www.na.baesystems.com/careers/
    (jobs) http://www.na.baesystems.com/careers/