job opening at tivo, inc., alviso, ca

From: j eric townsend (jetat_private)
Date: Wed Aug 01 2001 - 10:29:40 PDT

    Heya,

    We (TiVo, Inc. <http://www.tivo.com>) have an opening for a senior
    network/systems security person for our corporate and internal
    networks.   This really is a senior position and requires someone
    with several years experience specifically in system and network
    security.

    We're looking for all the usual stuff:
    -- hands-on router, vpn and firewall experience
    -- ability to design networks and redesign existing networks for
    security and performance.
    -- IDS at network and host level
    -- wireless experience
    -- ability to code in perl, shell, tcl, C/C++
    -- working knowledge of linux, Solaris and NT/2000/Server.

    it would also help if you have:
    -- a love of TV
    -- a desire to work with and meet the needs of multiple groups:
    marketing, engineering, customer care, finance, etc.

    If you're interested, send me a URL for your resume or a flat ASCII
    copy of your resume.  If you send me a resume in any other format it
    will be deleted immediately.

    --
    jetat_private
    408.519.9509