Seeking a Position as a Security/Network Administrator

From: kerry bresnahan (kbresnahanat_private)
Date: Wed Aug 15 2001 - 19:43:14 PDT

    Hi all.  I have recently been laid off from my latest position as a Security
    Consultant, and I'm seeking to once again be a productive member of society
    :)  I am looking for a Junior position in a company that I can learn much,
    contribute much, and be rewarded appropriately.  I am willing to relocate
    just about anywhere for the right position.  Please email me or contact me
    at the phone numbers listed on my resume below.

    Thanks very much for any help you all can provide,

    Kerry Bresnahan

    ======================== RESUME ================================

    Kerry P. Bresnahan
    19800 Cornerstone Square, Apt #208
    Ashburn, VA 20147
    Home: 703-723-9584
    Mobile: 571-215-9839
    kbresnahanat_private

    Objective: To obtain a challenging position as an Network/System
    Administrator
    in a company that allows professional development and upward mobility.

    Highlights of Qualifications

    	- Fluent in Unix and Windows based Operating Systems
    	- Certified Linux Administrator
    	- CCNA Certification pending
    	- Excellent oral and written communications skills

    Professional Experience

    Network Security Corp.
    Reston, VA
    February 2001 – Present
    Position: Security Consultant
    Duties:
    	- Installed and administered internal DNS (Bind 8), mail (Sendmail), and
    web server (Apache).
    	- Implemented and administered Cisco routers.
    	- Designed and implemented file servers and hacking tool repositories.
    	- Created numerous MS Word templates for reports and processes.
    	- Established and maintained relationships with existing and future
    clients.

    Predictive Systems
    Reston, VA
    January 2000 – February 2001
    Position: Intrusion Detection Analyst
    Duties:
    	- Monitored numerous types of firewall products and Intrusion Detection
    System Engines
    	- Installed and configured Solaris, Windows NT, and Linux-based firewalls
    and IDS engines.
    	- Established and maintained professional relationships with clients, and
    made numerous
    	  security recommendations/proposals.
    	- Trained junior personnel in the use of IDS monitoring systems and
    firewalls.
    	- Acted as primary system administrator for internal Solaris file servers.

    Shady Grove Adventist Hospital
    Rockville, MD
    December 1994 – December 1999
    Position: Surgical Technologist (OB-GYN)
    Duties:
    	- Assisted in emergency cesarean section and non-emergency deliveries.
    	- Trained junior medical students in surgical and sterile techniques.
    	- Supervised surgical staff for the obstetrics wing.

    U.S Navy
    Yokosuka, Japan
    October 1989 – October 1993
    Position: Nuclear Weapons Technician
    Duties:
    	- Repaired and maintained nuclear warheads, to include limited life
    components (Tritium,
    	  Berilum, and various other nuclear material).
    	- Held a DOD SECRET security clearance.
    	- Responsible for the safekeeping of over 200 SWOPs (Secret Weapons
    Ordnance Publications).
    	- Awarded Sailor of the Quarter for professional achievement.
    	- Decorated Operation Desert Shield/Storm veteran.

    Education and Training

    Introduction to Red Hat Linux 					September 2000
    Red Hat Linux System Administration					September 2000
    Red Hat Linux Networking and Security Administration		September 2000
    Cisco Certified Network Associate					Present