Boston network security architect position desired

From: Christopher M. Arnold (cmarnoldat_private)
Date: Fri Aug 31 2001 - 13:47:48 PDT

Greetings!  The time is come for me to start considering new professional
options.  I am interested in finding a rewarding (intangible as well as
tangible benefits), mid-term (three to six years), InfoSec position
centered in the metro Boston area.  I am available for short term travel
throughout the world as well as possibly relocating in two to three years.

Briefly, my experience leans more toward the technical side of host and
network-based security issues.  The past two years have brought me closer
to policy development, application development and change management.  I
began my career as a (SunOS/Solaris/Linux) Unix admin and (Cisco) network
engineer.  From there I focused on Unix host-based security and auditing.
Later I enjoyed designing and leading a group deploying e-commerce sites.
Most recently my attention has been focussed on HA network/firewall/VPN
designs for a CRM company as well as PKI and LDAP integration for a
consultancy.

In my opinion, my skill set is generally broad as well as quite deep in
select areas.  I am registered for the CISSP exam in September and hope to
prove this and am contemplating the SSCP or GIAC exam paths as well.  I
feel comfortable working and communicating with senior management as well
as getting my hands dirty with junior and senior level technical staff.
My documentation and report presentation skills are on par with my
firewall performance tuning and capacity planning skills.

If any of this sounds useful to you or your organization, please feel free
to respond.  I will gladly supply a detailed CV upon request.

Christopher Arnold